Sunday, 15 September 2013

The turn of the screw

In Summer Holidays I read “The turn of the Screw”                    
First I'm going to talk about the synopsis of this book, next about writer and last I will think about the book. 
The book begins in an old house on Christmas Eve. It is the story of a Governess who comes to live with and take care of two young children. She soon discovers that there is something very strange about both the house and the children. She begins to see ghosts…
One day while she was walking, she saw a strange man on the tower, other day she saw a woman on the other side of the lake… In general all it’s very strange. 
Now I’m going to talk about the writer, his name is Henry.
Henry James was an American-born writer, regarded as one of the key figures of 19th-century literary realism. He is the second of five children. He studied with tutors in Geneva, London, Paris, Bologna, and Bonn. His works are dramatic and psychological.
He wrote: A tragedy of Error, The Story of a Masterpiece, A London Life, The Ambassadors and other books.

I think that it’s an interesting book. At first I don’t like a lot because I didn’t understand it. But while I was reading, I like more and more.  In general I don’t like it a lot, the book is strange and I prefer other subject.

Biography:
Information of Henry James
Page offical of the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment